There are 3 steps involved in it explained below.
Before running the Convert to Multi-Org process, make sure you do the following:
• Apply the AD Patch 2412184: ADADMIN Convert to Multi-Org Performance Improvement: Increase parallelization
• Define at least one Operating Unit, and set the profile option, "MO: Operating Unit" at Site level, to that Operating Unit's value
Run Convert to Multi-Org process available from the Database Objects menu of the ADADMIN utility. The Convert to Multi-Org process upgrades a standard product group into a Multi-Org product group. You can choose this option only if you do not already have Multi-Org set up.
The Convert to Multi-Org program does the following:
• Populates the ORG_ID column in the Multi-Org tables with the new operating unit value you defined at the site level profile option: MO: Operating Unit
• Sets the MULTI_ORG_FLAG in the FND_PRODUCT_GROUPS table to “Y”
• Runs the “Replicate Seed Data” program
If you define more than one Operating Unit, the replicate seed data process is run for all Operating Units.
After running the Convert to Multi-Org process, make sure you apply the following TCA patch as post conversion process:
• Patch 2451368: Migrate data from Customers to Site Uses