There are 2 Types of Purging in Oracle Assets:
1) Archive and Purge Transaction and Depreciation data
2) Delete and Purge Mass Additions Data
Archiving & Purging Depreciation Data
- If necessary, Navigate to System Administrator > Profile > System and update the profile option- FA: Archive Table Sizing Factor. You can find out more on this at,
- Before you perform purge, it’s mandatory to check the Checkbox Allow Purge for the Book in Book Controls window. This can be done by navigating to Setup > Asset System > Book Controls in FA Managers Responsibility
Detailed Steps are as below:1) Change Responsibility to FA PURGE.
2) Open the Archive and Purge window.
3) Enter the Book and Fiscal Year you want to archive. You must archive and purge in chronological order.
4) Click on Archive Button to submit a concurrent request that changes the status from New to Archived and creates temporary archive tables with the data to be purged.
5) Oracle Assets automatically assigns an Archive Number when you save your work. The temporary table name includes a five-digit archive number as below.
6) Export the archive tables to a storage device.
7) Return to the Archive and Purge window and use the Archive Number to find the archive you want to purge.
8) Click on Purge Button to submit a concurrent request that changes the status from Archived to Purged and removes the archived data from Oracle Assets tables. Now DBA can drop the temporary archive tables.
9) You can only purge definitions with a status of Archived or Restored.
1. To restore records that you have purged from Oracle Assets, you must first import the tables from your archive, and then perform the restore. Since the archive number is part of the temporary table name, Oracle Assets restores only the records that were archived during that archive you specify.
2. You can only restore the most recently purged fiscal year, so you must restore fiscal years in reverse chronological order.
Tables Deleted from Database after PurgingFA_DEPRN_SUMMARY
Archiving & Purging Mass Additions Data
The Delete Mass Additions program removes mass additions in the DELETE and POSTED queues. It also removes SPLIT parents if the split children have been posted or deleted. The program archives mass additions in the DELETE queue only to an audit trail table, FA_DELETED_MASS_ADDITIONS.
If Required, Run the Delete Mass Additions Preview Report from respective FA Managers responsibility
Detailed Steps are as below:
1) Navigate to FA PURGE Responsibility and click on Delete Mass Additions
2) In the Parameters window, specify the corporate book for which you want to clean up mass additions.
3) Choose Submit to submit a concurrent process to remove the lines. When the program completes successfully, Oracle Assets automatically runs the Mass Additions Delete report, which gives you an audit trail of the processed mass addition lines.
4) Oracle Assets maintains an Audit Trail by moving lines from Base table to Interim table- FA_DELETED_MASS_ADDITIONS
5) Review the log file and report after the request completes.
7) Enter the Batch Number of the Create Mass Additions batch associated with the deleted mass additions for which you want to purge the audit trail from Oracle Assets.
8) Choose Submit to submit a concurrent process that removes archived lines from the Audit trail table for deleted mass additions.
9) When the program completes successfully, Oracle Assets automatically runs the Mass Additions Purge Report, which lists the mass addition lines you purged.
10) Review the log file and report after the request completes.
Tables Deleted from Database after Purging