There are 2 Types of Purging in Oracle Receivables:
1) Autoinvoice Interface Purge
2) Transaction Data Archive & Purge
Autoinvoice Interface Purge
1) Login to corresponding AR Purge User responsibility
2) Run ‘Autoinvoice Purge Program’ from SRS window
3) The program deletes the data from following tables for specific operating unit attached to the responsibility
Transaction Data Archive & Purge
1) Login to corresponding AR Archive & Purge User responsibility
2) Run ‘Call New Archive and Purge’ program from SRS window which will eventually calls ‘New Archive and Purge’ program
3) This program archives the data in tables- AR_ARCHIVE_HEADER & AR_ARCHIVE_DETAIL and deletes transaction data from following base tables:
4) If in case, Archive & Purge program fails, you can submit ‘Archive-Restart’ program from SRS window. It can be used to save the system from having to revalidate all purge candidates, if Archive & Purge has completed the selection and validation phase, then fails during the archive phase. Archive-Restart clears the Archive Header and Detail tables and submits the archive report. When submitting the Archive-Restart program you must provide the following parameters: Archive Level, Summary Report Only, Number of Workers, Commit Size, and Archive Id
5) Run ‘Archive to File’ program from SRS window to move your archive data to a file in the directory with the file name
6) Once archive data has been stored the archive tables must be cleared before the next purge run. To clear the archive tables use the TRUNCATE command in SQL with the following tables:
7) The following tables will be cleared automatically the next time you run the Archive/Purge programs.
8) After you purge your database, you should contact your Database Administrator (DBA), so that he can export and import the tables and indexes from which you purged data. By recreating these objects, you can reduce the memory each object occupies in your tablespace and increase the performance of your system.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.