1) Connection between two systems in order to synchronize the data.
2) Manual, batch or real-time.
3) Used repeatedly and should therefore be designed and constructed in the most efficient manner possible.
4) Can be triggered by an event (such as running a concurrent program) or it can be scheduled to run at a certain time.
5) Can be very costly to construct and maintain
1) Process where existing data from the client’s old system is extracted, cleansed, formatted, and installed into a new system.
2) Manual or automated.
3) One-time only process that requires extensive testing and preparation.
4) Executed before a system goes into production